Chat Rats Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Designed to keep everybody talking!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  chatrmchatrm  NewsRmNewsRm  

YOU are confused!! .................have you ever investigated that???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ChiChing
ChiChing

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-02-21

YOU are confused!! .................have you ever investigated that??? Empty
PostSubject: YOU are confused!! .................have you ever investigated that???   YOU are confused!! .................have you ever investigated that??? EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 6:11 am

Why is it, that almost every time I get into a religious conversation with somebody & I say that I am a atheist, people try to tell me I just don't know what I want for these reasons ---->

1. I know a lot about different religions & voice my opinion
2. I grew up in a very religiously diverse environment, so I celebrate the following: Ramadan, Christmas, Hanukkah, Easter & Thanksgiving

I truly have always been an atheist & I still am with ALL my heart but why is it so hard for other people to understand, that one can still celebrate certain "religious" events without being a part of that religion & knowing a lot about those religions doesn't make me want to convert to any one of them!?

And for those who are Jewish, Muslim, Christian or other.... do you feel like "your" holidays should be soly for you?
Back to top Go down
I.r.i.s.i.
I.r.i.s.i.

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-02-21

YOU are confused!! .................have you ever investigated that??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOU are confused!! .................have you ever investigated that???   YOU are confused!! .................have you ever investigated that??? EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 9:19 pm

Wellllllll, I think it's a good idea for kids to be introduced to many different religions. Otherwise they do end up becoming confused if the religion their family practices doesn't work for them (personal reference XD).

There's nothing wrong with celebrating stuff like Christmas and whatnot. I still sing Christmas songs that have references to Jesus and all that fun stuff, but I'm Pagan. *shrugs*

Back to top Go down

YOU are confused!! .................have you ever investigated that???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chat Rats Lounge :: The Streets :: Religion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com